This isn’t the best year for goal setting for me. I feel like I’m pushing against a brick wall and can’t get where I want to go. There are a couple of things I’ve been aiming toward for years that I’m just not doing and I know it’s going to take a huge jump in personal development to get me there.
I do have some things on my list, though. ANd I realized I had enough ideas that I could do a 20 for 2020 list.
I’ll outline by category:
- walk for 20 minutes every day of the year
- continue with my 8am-6pm eating window
- do a 3-7 day fast at least once
- get back to hot yoga
- get back to running and stay injury free
- one big hike (hopefully Grand Canyon again or something similar).
- continue my habit of doing a set of pushups every time I drink a cup of coffee
- start a membership site of some kind
- build a printables and digital art shop on Etsy
- blog at least twice per week on jessdollar.com
- hire someone to handle packing and shipping books
- transition to a Profit First accounting system
- start a podcast with my family
- up my game on family birthday celebrations – I’m going to spend more time and effort on making my loved ones feel special on their birthdays this year.
- restart a meditation practice
- read 104 books
- reinstate some kind of date night with Andrew every week
- talk to each kid that isn’t living at home and my dad at least once per week
- do a deep dive on Dante’s Inferno (inspired by Rod Dreher’s book How Dante Can Save Your Life).
- do monthly challenges related to healthy habits
Are you doing a 20 for 20 list this year? Or some other kind of goal setting? What does it look like for you? How do you keep these things top of mind all year? I know that was an issue for me last year and I’m open to ideas for this year.